Thursday 16 February 2012

Airport Blues


Like many people, I am not too fond of airports. Yes, it is very entertaining to see all those people come and go, wondering where they are coming from and what sort of business that they are engaged in, but it can also be a very lonely place; at least this is how I feel as I wait to board my flight to my country house hotel Scotland.
It feels as though I have been sitting here for hours, when in reality it has been a mere forty five minutes. Time just can not move quickly enough, as I try to make small talk with the people within arm's reach. Yet, I am aware that we will soon be herded into that small shuttle like cattle, each of us directed to our prescribed seating arrangements only to receive the exact same cookies and biscuits with our choice of soda or coffee.


I know that I am approaching this situation in a rather grim manner, but it is almost impossible for me to understand it any differently. You see, I have been flying around the world ever since I can remember. From one side to the other, my family was constantly on the move. Although this did provide me with the opportunity to explore many different countries throughout my childhood, it has become quite obvious that the flying experience is not something that I look forward to partaking in.

Finally, our aircraft has arrived. This causes a deja vu experience within me, as I can recall heading to a Dunblane hotel about this time last year. The situation makes me kind of realize that I am the cause of my own misery. Sure I enjoy traveling, but perhaps I should settle down for a few years. I suppose I can think about this a little more while I am enjoying the wonderful country of Scotland. Life could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment