Friday 4 November 2011

Head over Heels for Sardinia


Never in my life have I been to such a beautiful place as Sardinia. The culture, weather, and general experience is something that should be admired, as it is something truly unique. Although it may seem as though I am bragging about this wonderful little island, to be truthful, I had not even heard of it prior to researching our trip. It seems to be one of those hidden gems that our wonderful world has held onto for quite some time, exposing it to only those that care to journey off the beaten path. Luckily, I have a wife that is more than willing to go out of her way and research interesting travel destinations, as I would have never come across Sardinia if it were not for her efforts.

I could not believe my eyes when we stepped off the plane. It was as though we were on an entirely different planet, one that was much more beautiful than the one that I had been used to. The people were so generous, welcoming, and warm that it was very difficult to leave once our week was over. Regardless, we had to return to our lives that required constant work, upkeep, and routine. This thought saddened me, since I had learned so much about myself during that week. Our Hilton hotel Sardinia only made matters worse, since it was perhaps the most beautiful hotel that I have ever had the opportunity to call home. Our hotel Doubletree Olbia offered extensive services of such high quality that we did not even have a moment to be bored. This is saying a lot about a hotel, as many tend to drop the ball when it comes to outstanding customer service. Not the Hilton hotel Sardinia. If you ever have the chance to visit Sardinia, make sure that you stay longer than a week. You will fall head over heels for this place and never want to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment